Welcome to Verwood ...
Verwood is 2,400 feet [732 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Verwood is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Verwood lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel south from Verwood (for example, toward Scobey (MT)), you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Telephone area codes for Verwood: (306) & (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Verwood: S0H<3>
Adding Verwood to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Verwood was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Verwood on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Verwood ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Verwood.
- Willow Bunch
- Saint Victor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Victor
- Saint Victor lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Verwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Victor came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Victor
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viceroy
- Viceroy lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the east of Verwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viceroy
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ormiston
- Ormiston lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northeast of Verwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ormiston came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ormiston
- Scout Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scout Lake
- Scout Lake lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southwest of Verwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scout Lake
- Crane Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crane Valley
- Crane Valley lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Verwood
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crane Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crane Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Readlyn
- Readlyn lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Verwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Readlyn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Willows
- Willows lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Verwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Willows
- Little Woody
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Woody
- Little Woody lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Verwood
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Woody
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Verwood ...
Looking for more information about Verwood? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Verwood, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Verwood.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Saskatchewan Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Verwood. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Verwood - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Verwood, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Verwood). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Verwood or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Verwood) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Verwood. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from VerwoodOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Verwood. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.5119, Longitude: -105.6196 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|