Welcome to Ogema ...
The town of Ogema is 2,380 feet [725 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Ogema is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Ogema lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel south from Ogema (for example, toward Flaxville (MT)), you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Area codes for Ogema: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Ogema: S0C<3>
Communities Also Named Ogema ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Ogema - they are located in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ogema.
Communities near Ogema ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ogema.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pangman
- Pangman lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Ogema
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pangman
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ceylon
- Ceylon lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Ogema
- Ceylon has also been known as:
- Ceylon Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ceylon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parry
- Parry lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Ogema
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Parry came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parry
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Khedive
- Khedive lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Ogema
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Khedive
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kayville
- Kayville lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Ogema
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kayville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glasnevin
- Glasnevin lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the west of Ogema
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Glasnevin came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glasnevin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hardy
- Hardy lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Ogema
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hardy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hardy
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Horizon
- Horizon lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the west of Ogema
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Horizon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dummer
- Dummer lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the north of Ogema
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dummer came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dummer
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ogema ...
Looking for more information about Ogema? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Ogema, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Ogema.
Adding Ogema to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Ogema was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Ogema on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ogema. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Ogema - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Ogema). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Ogema or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Ogema) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ogema. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from OgemaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ogema. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.5768, Longitude: -104.9157 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|