Welcome to Glasnevin ...
Glasnevin is 2,420 feet [738 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Glasnevin is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Glasnevin lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel south from Glasnevin (for example, toward Flaxville (MT)), you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Area codes for Glasnevin: (306) & (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Glasnevin: S0C<3>
Communities near Glasnevin ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Glasnevin.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pangman
- Pangman lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Glasnevin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pangman
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viceroy
- Viceroy lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Glasnevin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viceroy
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ormiston
- Ormiston lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Glasnevin.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ormiston came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ormiston
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kayville
- Kayville lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the north of Glasnevin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kayville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Horizon
- Horizon lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the west of Glasnevin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Horizon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hardy
- Hardy lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Glasnevin.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hardy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hardy
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ceylon
- Ceylon lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the east of Glasnevin.
- Ceylon has also been known as:
- Ceylon Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ceylon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parry
- Parry lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the northeast of Glasnevin.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Parry came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parry
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Glasnevin ...
Looking for more information about Glasnevin? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Glasnevin, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Glasnevin.
Adding Glasnevin to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
The earliest source we've referenced which mentioned Glasnevin was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details, see References and Mentions for Glasnevin.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Glasnevin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Glasnevin - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Glasnevin, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Glasnevin). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Glasnevin or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Glasnevin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Glasnevin. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GlasnevinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Glasnevin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.5500, Longitude: -105.0500 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|