Welcome to Neilburg ...
The village of Neilburg is 2,230 feet [680 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Neilburg is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Neilburg lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel west from Neilburg (for example, toward Edgerton (AB)), you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Area codes for Neilburg: (306) & (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Neilburg: S0M<3>
Communities near Neilburg ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Neilburg.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Waseca
- Waseca lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the north of Neilburg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Waseca
- Lone Rock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lone Rock
- Lone Rock lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Neilburg.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lone Rock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lone Rock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Freemont
- Freemont lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the east of Neilburg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Freemont
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Unwin
- Unwin lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Neilburg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Unwin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Baldwinton
- Baldwinton lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the east of Neilburg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baldwinton
- Winter ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winter
- Winter was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Neilburg.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Winter. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wilbert
- Wilbert lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the east of Neilburg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wilbert
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rivercourse
- Rivercourse lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the northwest of Neilburg.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rivercourse
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Neilburg ...
Looking for more information about Neilburg? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Neilburg, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Neilburg.
Adding Neilburg to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Neilburg was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Neilburg on our Genealogy Page.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Neilburg. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Neilburg - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Neilburg). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Neilburg or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Neilburg) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Neilburg. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NeilburgOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Neilburg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.8397, Longitude: -109.6285 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|