Curious and Interesting Names Near Main Centre ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Beaver Flat
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Flat
- Beaver Flat lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the west of Main Centre
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Flat came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Flat
- Flowing Well
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flowing Well
- Flowing Well lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Main Centre
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flowing Well
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Herbert
- Herbert lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Main Centre
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Herbert came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Herbert
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Herbert<3>
- Log Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Log Valley
- Log Valley lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Main Centre
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Log Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Log Valley
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Lucky Lake
- Prairie View
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prairie View
- Prairie View lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the west of Main Centre
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prairie View came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prairie View
- Rush Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rush Lake
- Rush Lake lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the south of Main Centre
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rush Lake
- Swift Current
How Far From Main Centre to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Main Centre to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Main Centre and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 120 miles [193.1 km]<1> to the east (E). If you could drive a straight line from Main Centre to Regina, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,492 miles [2,401.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 59 days and walking would take 85 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,301 miles [10,140.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,069 miles [11,376.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,087 miles [8,186.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Main Centre. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Main Centre) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Main Centre. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Main CentreOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Main Centre. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.5833, Longitude: -107.3500 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Main Centre to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 328.894 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.893 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.703 degrees.||