Welcome to Lloydminster ...
The city of Lloydminster was established in 1903.
Lloydminster is 2,090 feet [637 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Lloydminster lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel south from Lloydminster (for example, toward Marsden), you will soon leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Lloydminster: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Lloydminster: S9V<3>
Adding Lloydminster to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Lloydminster was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Lloydminster on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Lloydminster ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Lloydminster - it's located in Alberta.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lloydminster.
Communities near Lloydminster ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lloydminster.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kitscoty
- Kitscoty lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the west of Lloydminster
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kitscoty came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kitscoty
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kitscoty<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blackfoot
- Blackfoot lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the west of Lloydminster
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blackfoot
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Lone Rock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lone Rock
- Lone Rock lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Lloydminster
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lone Rock came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lone Rock
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Streamstown
- Streamstown lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Lloydminster
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Streamstown
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenstreet
- Greenstreet lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Lloydminster
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenstreet
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alcurve
- Alcurve lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the north of Lloydminster
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alcurve came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alcurve
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rivercourse
- Rivercourse lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Lloydminster
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rivercourse
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marwayne
- Marwayne lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the northwest of Lloydminster
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marwayne
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lloydminster ...
Looking for more information about Lloydminster? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lloydminster, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lloydminster.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lloydminster. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Lloydminster - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Lloydminster, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Lloydminster). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Lloydminster or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lloydminster) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lloydminster. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LloydminsterOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lloydminster. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.2780, Longitude: -110.0054 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|