Communities Also Named Lemsford ...
We found one communities that share the name Lemsford.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Lemsford is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, there is another community also named Lemsford in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Mississippi County
- This Lemsford is located in Mississippi County and lies 1,406 miles [2,262.7 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Lemsford
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Mississippi County community of Lemsford.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lemsford ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Fox Valley
(30 miles [48.3 km] to the southwest)
(18 miles [29 km] to the west)
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the west)
- Snipe Lake
(23 miles [37 km] to the northeast)
How Far From Lemsford to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Lemsford to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Lemsford and extending to:
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 199 miles [320.3 km]<1> to the east (E). If you could drive a straight line from Lemsford to Regina, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 12 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,570 miles [2,526.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 62 days and walking would take 90 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,324 miles [10,177.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,093 miles [11,415.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,125 miles [8,247.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lemsford. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lemsford) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lemsford. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LemsfordOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lemsford. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.8519, Longitude: -109.1209 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Lemsford to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.292 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 330.51 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.782 degrees.||