Welcome to Landis ...
The village of Landis is 2,130 feet [649 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Landis is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Landis lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Landis: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Landis: S0K<3>
Communities Also Named Landis ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 5 communities that are also named Landis - they are located in Arkansas, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina and Ohio.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Landis.
Communities near Landis ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Landis.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cando
- Cando lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Landis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cando came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cando
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Handel
- Handel lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Landis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Handel came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Handel
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springwater
- Springwater lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Landis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Springwater came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springwater
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leipzig
- Leipzig lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the west of Landis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leipzig
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kelfield
- Kelfield lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Landis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kelfield
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Duperow
- Duperow lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southeast of Landis
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Duperow came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Duperow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ruthilda
- Ruthilda lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the south of Landis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ruthilda
- Tramping Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tramping Lake
- Tramping Lake lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the west of Landis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tramping Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Landis ...
Looking for more information about Landis? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Landis, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Landis.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Landis. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Landis - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Landis). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Landis or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Landis) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Landis. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LandisOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Landis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.2000, Longitude: -108.4500 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|