Welcome to Fertile ...
Fertile is 190 feet [58 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Fertile lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel east from Fertile, you will soon leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Telephone area codes for Fertile: (306) & (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Fertile: S0C<3>
Communities Also Named Fertile ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Fertile - they are located in Iowa, Minnesota and Missouri.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Fertile.
Communities near Fertile ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Fertile.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carievale
- Carievale lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Fertile
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carievale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alida
- Alida lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the west of Fertile
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alida
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Storthoaks
- Storthoaks lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the west of Fertile
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Storthoaks came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Storthoaks
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bellegarde
- Bellegarde lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Fertile
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bellegarde came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bellegarde
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Antler
- Antler lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the north of Fertile
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Antler
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tilston
- Tilston lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Fertile
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tilston
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sinclair
- Sinclair lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Fertile
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sinclair came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sinclair
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Broomhill
- Broomhill lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the east of Fertile
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Broomhill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Broomhill
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Fertile. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Fertile.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Fertile. See our Newspapers Page for Fertile.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Fertile ...
Looking for more information about Fertile? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Fertile, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Fertile.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fertile. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Fertile - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Fertile, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Fertile). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Fertile or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Fertile) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fertile. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FertileOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fertile. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.3833, Longitude: -101.4500 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|