Our Genealogy Helper for Fenwood ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Fenwood (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Fenwood. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Fenwood:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Fenwood ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Fenwood.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Fenwood covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Birmingham Orthodox Cemetery
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the east of Fenwood.
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Paraskevia Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery
- Ukrainian Orthodox Cemetery
- Pheasant Forks / Lemberg Cemetery
- Plainview Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Hubbard - Holy Cross Cemetery
- Plainview Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Plainview Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Plainview Zion Lutheran Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the northeast of Fenwood.
- Plainview Zion Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Fenwood - Plainview Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plainview Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2494078<2>
- Rockdell Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rockdell Cemetery
- Rockdell Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Fenwood.
- Rockdell Cemetery has also been known as:
- Rock Dell Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rockdell Cemetery
- St. Paul United Church Cemetery
- Melville Public Cemetery
- St. Michael's RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Michael's RC Cemetery
- The St. Michael's RC Cemetery is located outside and to the southeast of Lemberg.To be more precise, St. Michael's RC Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the south of Fenwood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Michael's RC Cemetery
- Balcarres Cemetery
- Abernethy Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Abernethy Cemetery
- The Abernethy Cemetery is located outside and to the southeast of Abernethy.Abernethy Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Fenwood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abernethy Cemetery
- Ascension Lutheran Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Fenwood. See our List of 1890's Communities around Fenwood.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Fenwood. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Fenwood) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Fenwood. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FenwoodOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Fenwood. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.9956, Longitude: -103.1596 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|