Curious and Interesting Names Near Caulder ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deepdale
- Deepdale lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Caulder
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deepdale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deepdale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dropmore
- Dropmore lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Caulder
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dropmore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ebenezer
- Ebenezer lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Caulder
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ebenezer
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gerald
- Gerald lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the south of Caulder
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gerald
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marchwell
- Marchwell lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the south of Caulder
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marchwell came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marchwell
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saltcoats
- Saltcoats lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the southwest of Caulder
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saltcoats
- Shell Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shell Valley
- Shell Valley lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the east of Caulder
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shell Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shell Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shellmouth
- Shellmouth lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the southeast of Caulder
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shellmouth
How Far From Caulder to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Caulder to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Caulder and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 134 miles [215.7 km]<1> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Caulder to Regina, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,252 miles [2,014.9 km] to the east (E). Driving would take about three full days, a buggy would take 49 days and walking would take 72 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,133 miles [9,870.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,901 miles [11,106.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,888 miles [7,866.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Caulder. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Caulder) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Caulder. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CaulderOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Caulder. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.1582, Longitude: -101.7470 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Caulder to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 324.544 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 324.026 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 314.04 degrees.||