Curious and Interesting Names Near Carrot River 29A ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Blue Jay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blue Jay
- Blue Jay lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the west of Carrot River 29A
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blue Jay
- Carrot River
- Moose Range
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moose Range
- Moose Range lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Carrot River 29A
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Moose Range came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moose Range
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ravendale
- Ravendale lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the west of Carrot River 29A
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ravendale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ravendale
- Red Earth
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Earth
- Red Earth lies less than 2 miles<1> to the southeast of Carrot River 29A
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Red Earth came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Earth
How Far From Carrot River 29A to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Carrot River 29A to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Carrot River 29A and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 223 miles [358.9 km]<1> to the south southwest (SSW). If you could drive a straight line from Carrot River 29A to Regina, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,330 miles [2,140.4 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take about three full days, a buggy would take 52 days and walking would take 76 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,029 miles [9,702.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,798 miles [10,940.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,810 miles [7,740.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Saskatchewan Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Carrot River 29A. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Carrot River 29A) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carrot River 29A. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Carrot River 29AOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carrot River 29A. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.4947, Longitude: -102.8790 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Carrot River 29A to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 325.376 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 325.232 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 314.161 degrees.||