Welcome to Carlyle ...
The town of Carlyle is 2,040 feet [622 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Carlyle lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel east from Carlyle, you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Area codes for Carlyle: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Carlyle: S0C<3>
Adding Carlyle to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Carlyle was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Carlyle on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Carlyle ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 7 communities that are also named Carlyle - they are located in Illinois, Kansas (3), Montana, Texas and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Carlyle.
Communities near Carlyle ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Carlyle.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Manor
- Manor lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the east of Carlyle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Manor
- Kenosee Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kisbey
- Kisbey lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the west of Carlyle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kisbey
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Cannington Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cannington Lake
- Cannington Lake lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Carlyle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cannington Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cannington Lake
- Kenosee Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kenosee Park
- Kenosee Park lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the north of Carlyle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kenosee Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parkman
- Parkman lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the east of Carlyle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Parkman came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parkman
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wauchope
- Wauchope lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the east of Carlyle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wauchope
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Browning
- Browning lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southwest of Carlyle
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Browning
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wawota
- Wawota lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the northeast of Carlyle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wawota came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wawota
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Carlyle ...
Looking for more information about Carlyle? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Carlyle, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Carlyle.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Carlyle. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Carlyle - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Carlyle). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Carlyle or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Carlyle) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carlyle. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CarlyleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carlyle. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6340, Longitude: -102.2671 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|