Our Genealogy Helper for Buttress ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Buttress (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Buttress. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Buttress:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Buttress ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Buttress.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Buttress covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Hillsdale Cemetery
- Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery
- Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the north of Buttress.
- Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery has also been known as:
- Resthaven Cemetery
- Sunset Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery
- Rosedale Cemetery
- Blue Hill Cemetery
- Moose Jaw Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moose Jaw Cemetery
- The Moose Jaw Cemetery is located in Moose Jaw.Moose Jaw Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the north of Buttress.
- Moose Jaw Cemetery has also been known as:
- Moose Jaw City Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moose Jaw Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2186619<2>
- Briercrest Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Expanse Cemetery
- Briercrest Cemetery
- St. Joseph's Cemetery
- Caron Cemetery
- Fairview God's Acre / Drinkwater Cemetery
- St. Matthew Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Matthew Lutheran Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Matthew Lutheran Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- St. Matthew Lutheran Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Buttress.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Matthew Lutheran Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2529602<2>
- Hillcrest Cemetery
- St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery
- The St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the west of Tuxford.More accurately, St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km] to the north of Buttress.
- St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Columba Church Cemetery
- St. Columbia Anglican Cemetery
- St. Columbia Cemetery
- St. Columbia / Tuxford Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2418219<2>
- St. Joseph's RC Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Buttress. See our List of 1890's Communities around Buttress.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Buttress. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Buttress) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Buttress. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.2000, Longitude: -105.6333 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|