How Far From Brabant Lake to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Brabant Lake to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance<1> beginning in Brabant Lake and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 393 miles [632.5 km]<1> to the south (S). If you could drive a straight line from Brabant Lake to Regina, with an average speed<2>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take most of a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 23 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 16 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,415 miles [2,277.2 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 56 days and walking would take 81 days.
- The shortest distance<3> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,899 miles [9,493.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<4>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,668 miles [10,731.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,709 miles [7,578.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Brabant Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Brabant Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Brabant Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Brabant LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Brabant Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.1163, Longitude: -103.7502 |
|<2>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<3>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Brabant Lake to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<4>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 325.968 degrees.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 326.194 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 314.013 degrees.||