Communities Also Named Bodmin ...
We have found one communities that share the name Bodmin.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Bodmin is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, there is another community also named Bodmin in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Ontario community of Bodmin.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Bodmin ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Big River
- Big Shell
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Shell
- Big Shell lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> to the south of Bodmin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Shell
- Blue Heron
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blue Heron
- Blue Heron lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Bodmin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blue Heron
- Echo Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Echo Bay
- Echo Bay lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the south of Bodmin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Echo Bay
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Erinferry
- Erinferry lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Bodmin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Erinferry came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Erinferry
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leoville
- Leoville lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the west of Bodmin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leoville
- Pebble Baye
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pebble Baye
- Pebble Baye lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> to the south of Bodmin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pebble Baye
- Pelican Cove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pelican Cove
- Pelican Cove lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the south of Bodmin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pelican Cove
- Shell Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shell Lake
- Shell Lake lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> to the south of Bodmin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shell Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shell Lake
How Far From Bodmin to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Bodmin to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Bodmin and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 249 miles [400.7 km]<2> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Bodmin to Regina, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 15 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,498 miles [2,410.8 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 59 days and walking would take 86 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,105 miles [9,825 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,874 miles [11,062.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,915 miles [7,909.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bodmin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Bodmin could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bodmin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bodmin. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BodminOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bodmin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.7587, Longitude: -106.9819 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bodmin to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 328.599 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.883 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 316.782 degrees.||