Communities Also Named Belanger ...
We have found two communities that share the name Belanger.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Belanger is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Belanger lies 1,248 miles [2,008.5 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belanger
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Quebec community of Belanger.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Belanger ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Belanger, Pinehouse is located 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the Southwest
How Far From Belanger to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Belanger to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Belanger and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 374 miles [601.9 km]<1> to the south (S). If you could drive a straight line from Belanger to Regina, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take 6 hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 22 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 15 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,499 miles [2,412.4 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 59 days and walking would take 86 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,970 miles [9,607.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,738 miles [10,843.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,793 miles [7,713.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Belanger. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Belanger) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Belanger. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.7833, Longitude: -106.2167 |
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Belanger could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Belanger to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 327.943 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.36 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 315.77 degrees.||