Curious and Interesting Names Near Beauval ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Canoe Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Canoe Lake
- Canoe Lake lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the west of Beauval
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Canoe Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Canoe Lake
- Canoe Narrows
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Canoe Narrows
- Canoe Narrows lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the west of Beauval
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Canoe Narrows came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Canoe Narrows
- Jans Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jans Bay
- Jans Bay lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the west of Beauval
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jans Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jans Bay
How Far From Beauval to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Beauval to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Beauval and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 347 miles [558.4 km]<1> to the south southeast (SSE). If you could drive a straight line from Beauval to Regina, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 20 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 14 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,541 miles [2,480 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 61 days and walking would take 88 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,036 miles [9,714 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,804 miles [10,950 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,863 miles [7,826.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Beauval. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Beauval) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Beauval. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BeauvalOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Beauval. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.1475, Longitude: -107.6116 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Beauval to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 329.074 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.558 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 316.871 degrees.||