Curious and Interesting Names Near Barrier Ford ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Crooked River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crooked River
- Crooked River lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the north of Barrier Ford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crooked River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nobleville
- Nobleville lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Barrier Ford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nobleville
- Nut Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nut Mountain
- Nut Mountain lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Barrier Ford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nut Mountain
- Porcupine Plain
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Prairie River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prairie River
- Prairie River lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Barrier Ford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prairie River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prairie River
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Prairie River<2>
- Quill Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Quill Lake
- Quill Lake lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Barrier Ford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Quill Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Quill Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ridgedale
- Ridgedale lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Barrier Ford
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ridgedale
- Rose Valley
- Star City
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Star City
- Star City lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Barrier Ford
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Star City came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Star City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Star City<2>
How Far From Barrier Ford to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Barrier Ford to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Barrier Ford and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 149 miles [239.8 km]<1> to the south southwest (SSW). If you could drive a straight line from Barrier Ford to Regina, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,350 miles [2,172.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take about three full days, a buggy would take 53 days and walking would take 77 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,102 miles [9,820.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,871 miles [11,057.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,881 miles [7,855.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Barrier Ford. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Barrier Ford) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Barrier Ford. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Barrier FordOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Barrier Ford. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5422, Longitude: -103.7067 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Barrier Ford to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 326.042 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 325.873 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 314.941 degrees.||