Curious and Interesting Names Near Aylsham ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Blue Jay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blue Jay
- Blue Jay lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Aylsham
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blue Jay
- Carrot River
- Crooked River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crooked River
- Crooked River lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the south of Aylsham
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crooked River
- Jordan River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jordan River
- Jordan River lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the east of Aylsham
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jordan River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jordan River
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Love
- Love lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Aylsham
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Love
- Murphy Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Murphy Creek
- Murphy Creek lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the west of Aylsham
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Murphy Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ridgedale
- Ridgedale lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Aylsham
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ridgedale
- White Fox
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White Fox
- White Fox lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northwest of Aylsham
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White Fox
How Far From Aylsham to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Aylsham to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Aylsham and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 192 miles [309 km]<1> to the south (S). If you could drive a straight line from Aylsham to Regina, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 11 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,363 miles [2,193.5 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take about three full days, a buggy would take 54 days and walking would take 78 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,068 miles [9,765.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,836 miles [11,001.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,852 miles [7,808.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Aylsham. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Aylsham) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aylsham. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AylshamOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aylsham. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.1922, Longitude: -103.8055 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Aylsham to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 326.108 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 326.02 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 314.841 degrees.||