Our Genealogy Helper for Avonhurst ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Avonhurst (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Avonhurst. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Avonhurst:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Avonhurst ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Avonhurst.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Avonhurst covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Avonhurst Cemetery
- Edenwold Cemetery
- St. Thomas Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Thomas Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the St. Thomas Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- St. Thomas Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Avonhurst.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Thomas Cemetery
- Edgeley Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Edgeley Cemetery
- Edgeley Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Avonhurst.
- Edgeley Cemetery has also been known as:
- Edgely Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edgeley Cemetery
- Winnetka Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Winnetka Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Winnetka Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Winnetka Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Avonhurst.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winnetka Cemetery
- Arrat RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Arrat RC Cemetery
- Arrat RC Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Avonhurst.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arrat RC Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- St. Joseph's Colony RC Cemetery
- Balgonie Cemetery
- St. Henry Kronsberg Cemetery
- Ft. Qu'Appelle Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ft. Qu'Appelle Cemetery
- The Ft. Qu'Appelle Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the south of Fort Qu'Appelle.More precisely, Ft. Qu'Appelle Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Avonhurst.
- Ft. Qu'Appelle Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ft. Qu'Appelle Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2185390<1>
- Lakeview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lakeview Cemetery
- The Lakeview Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Fort Qu'Appelle.More accurately, Lakeview Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Avonhurst.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeview Cemetery
- Foxleigh Anglican Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Foxleigh Anglican Cemetery
- Foxleigh Anglican Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the west of Avonhurst.
- Foxleigh Anglican Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Matthew's Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Foxleigh Anglican Cemetery
- Wheatwyn Lutheran Cemetery
- Kennell / Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery
- Highland Settlement Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Avonhurst. See our List of 1890's Communities around Avonhurst.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Avonhurst. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Avonhurst) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Avonhurst. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AvonhurstOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Avonhurst. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.6333, Longitude: -104.1333 |