Communities Also Named Arran ...
We have found one communities that share the name Arran.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Arran is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, there is another community also named Arran in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Wakulla County
- This Arran is located in Wakulla County and lies 1,741 miles [2,801.9 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arran
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Wakulla County community of Arran.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Arran ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alpine
- Alpine lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Arran
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alpine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alpine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amsterdam
- Amsterdam lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Arran
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Amsterdam came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amsterdam
- Big Woody
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Woody
- Big Woody lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Arran
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Woody
- Crystal Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crystal Lake
- Crystal Lake lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the west of Arran
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crystal Lake
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Little Swan River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Little Swan River
- Little Swan River lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Arran
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Little Swan River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mikado
- Mikado lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Arran
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mikado
- Swan River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Swan River
- Swan River lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Arran
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Swan River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Swan River
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Swan River<3>
- Thunderhill Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thunderhill Junction
- Thunderhill Junction lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Arran
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Thunderhill Junction came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thunderhill Junction
How Far From Arran to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Arran to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Arran and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 161 miles [259.1 km]<1> to the southwest (SW). If you could drive a straight line from Arran to Regina, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 10 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,261 miles [2,029.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take about three full days, a buggy would take 50 days and walking would take 72 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,089 miles [9,799.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,857 miles [11,035.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,851 miles [7,806.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Arran. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Arran) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Arran. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ArranOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Arran. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.9410, Longitude: -101.7372 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Arran to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 324.525 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 324.095 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 313.835 degrees.||