Curious and Interesting Names Near Arelee ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Beaver Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Creek
- Beaver Creek lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Arelee
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fielding
- Fielding lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the north of Arelee
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fielding
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harris
- Harris lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the south of Arelee
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harris came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harris
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Harris<3>
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hepburn
- Hepburn lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Arelee
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hepburn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hepburn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Laura
- Laura lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the south of Arelee
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Laura
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richard
- Richard lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<1> to the north of Arelee
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Richard came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richard
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Arelee. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Sandra Schmirler (Professional curler)
- Professional curler. She was born in Biggar (Saskatchewan) on Tueday June 11, 1963 and died in Regina (Saskatchewan) on Thursday March 2, 2000 at the age of 36. She is buried at Riverside Memorial Park Cemetery (Saskatchewan).
- Biggar is located 24 miles [38.6 km] to the southwest of Arelee.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Sandra Schmirler<4>
How Far From Arelee to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Arelee to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Arelee and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 175 miles [281.6 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Arelee to Regina, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 10 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,506 miles [2,423.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 59 days and walking would take 86 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,205 miles [9,986 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,974 miles [11,223.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,006 miles [8,056.4 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Arelee. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Arelee) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Arelee. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AreleeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Arelee. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.2500, Longitude: -107.5000 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Arelee to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 329.021 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.204 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.458 degrees.||