Curious and Interesting Names Near Aneroid ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Admiral
- Admiral lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the west of Aneroid
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Admiral
- Beaver Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaver Valley
- Beaver Valley lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Aneroid
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaver Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaver Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadillac
- Cadillac lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the west of Aneroid
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadillac
- Darlings Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Darlings Beach
- Darlings Beach lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Aneroid
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Darlings Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Darlings Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frenchville
- Frenchville lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Aneroid
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frenchville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frenchville
How Far From Aneroid to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Aneroid to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Aneroid and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 128 miles [206 km]<1> to the east northeast (ENE). If you could drive a straight line from Aneroid to Regina, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 8 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,489 miles [2,396.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 59 days and walking would take 85 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,351 miles [10,220.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,119 miles [11,456.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,130 miles [8,255.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Aneroid. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Aneroid) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aneroid. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AneroidOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aneroid. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.7169, Longitude: -107.2966 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Aneroid to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 328.84 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 328.744 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.837 degrees.||