When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Miscol.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Miscol. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Miscol.
Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Bismarck Muni. (BIS/KBIS)
- Pierre Rgnl. (PIR/KPIR)
- Dickinson Rgnl. (DIK/KDIK)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Timber Lake Muni. (FAA ID: D58)
- Timber Lake Municipal Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the south of Miscol.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Timber Lake Municipal Airport
- McIntosh Muni. (FAA ID: 8D6)
- McIntosh Municipal Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Miscol.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McIntosh Municipal Airport
- Mc Laughlin Muni. (FAA ID: 5P2)
- Mc Laughlin Municipal Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Miscol.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mc Laughlin Municipal Airport
- Isabel Muni. (FAA ID: 3Y7)
- Isabel Municipal Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Miscol.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Isabel Municipal Airport
- Mobridge Muni. (ICAO: KMBG)
- Standing Rock Airport (FAA ID: Y27)
- Standing Rock Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Miscol.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Standing Rock Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of South Dakota
About Corson County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Miscol. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Miscol), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Miscol) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Miscol. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.6769, Longitude: -101.1624 In this case, the coordinates for Miscol have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).