Census Data for Marcus ...
As far as we can tell, Marcus has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Marcus, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Elm Springs [Meade County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elm Springs
- Elm Springs [Meade County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Marcus
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 28 people. This represents a 3.7% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 27 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elm Springs
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elm Springs<2>
- Faith [Meade County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Faith have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Faith
- Faith [Meade County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Marcus
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 411 people. This represents a 2.38% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 421 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Faith
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Faith<2>
Meade County ...
Marcus is located in Meade County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Meade County.
Miscellaneous Information for Marcus ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Meade County or the community of Marcus:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Marcus:
- GNIS ID for Marcus: 1256322
- GNIS ID for Meade County: 1266991
- GNIS ID for State of South Dakota: 1785534
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Marcus is located in Census Region #2 (the Midwest Region) and Division #4 (the West North-Central Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Marcus.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in South Dakota
About Meade County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Marcus. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Meade County: www.meadecounty.org/
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Marcus) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Marcus. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Marcus
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Marcus. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.6586, Longitude: -102.2818
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Dakota's counties, including Meade, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|