When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Manderson.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Manderson. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Manderson.
Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Chadron Muni. (CDR/KCDR)
- Rapid City Rgnl. (RAP/KRAP)
- Alliance Muni. (AIA/KAIA)
- Western Nebraska Rgnl. (BFF/KBFF)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Pine Ridge Airport (ICAO: KIEN)
- Gordon Muni. (ICAO: KGRN)
- Modisett Airport (FAA ID: 9V5)
- Modisett Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the south of Manderson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Modisett Airport
- Martin Muni. (FAA ID: 9V6)
- Martin Municipal Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the east of Manderson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Martin Municipal Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Hay Springs Muni. (FAA ID: 4V6)
- Hay Springs Municipal Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Manderson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hay Springs Municipal Airport
- Hot Springs Muni. (FAA ID: HSR)
- Hot Springs Municipal Airport lies 47 miles [75.6 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Manderson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hot Springs Municipal Airport
- Wall Muni. (FAA ID: 6V4)
- Wall Municipal Airport lies 53 miles [85.3 km]<2> miles to the north of Manderson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wall Municipal Airport
- Custer State Park Airstrip (FAA ID: 3V0)
- Custer State Park Airstrip lies 55 miles [88.5 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Manderson.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Custer State Park Airstrip
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of South Dakota
About Oglala Lakota County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Manderson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Oglala Lakota County: oglalalakota.sdcounties.org/
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Manderson), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Manderson) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Manderson. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Manderson
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Manderson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.2350, Longitude: -102.4707