Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Littleburg, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Littleburg and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Littleburg:
- 43.045007, -100.452076
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Littleburg
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Littleburg ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Antelope [Todd County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Antelope
- Antelope [Todd County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Littleburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Antelope
- Arabia [Cherry County] - Historic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Arabia have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arabia
- Arabia [Cherry County] was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the south of Littleburg
- Hidden Timber [Todd County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hidden Timber
- Hidden Timber [Todd County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the north of Littleburg
- Estimated population in 2014: 45 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hidden Timber
- Lakeview [Todd County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lakeview have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lakeview
- Lakeview [Todd County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the west of Littleburg
- Estimated population in 2014: 799 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeview
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Mission [Todd County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mission have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mission
- Mission [Todd County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Littleburg
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,257 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mission
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mission<3>
- Sparks [Cherry County]
- Valentine [Cherry County]
- White Horse [Todd County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for White Horse have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White Horse
- White Horse [Todd County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the north of Littleburg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White Horse
How Far From Littleburg to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Littleburg to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Littleburg and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Pierre, which is the State Capital of South Dakota, lies 91 miles [146.5 km]<1> to the north (N). If you could drive a straight line from Littleburg to Pierre, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 6 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,249 miles [2,010.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take about three full days, a buggy would take 49 days and walking would take 71 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,551 miles [10,542.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,312 miles [11,767.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,238 miles [8,429.7 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in South Dakota
About Todd County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Littleburg. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Littleburg) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Littleburg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.0450, Longitude: -100.4521 In this case, the coordinates for Littleburg have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Littleburg to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 323.415 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 321.788 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 315.009 degrees.||