Welcome to Arabia ...
So far, we have found very little information about Arabia. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Arabia to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Arabia, please Contact Us.
Arabia would have been located within present day Cherry County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Arabia, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Arabia is 2,710 feet [826 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Arabia is about ½ mile above sea level.
The location where Arabia once stood is in the (402) & (531)<5> area codes.
Communities Also Named Arabia ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 8 communities that are also named Arabia - they are located in Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Nevada, New York (2), North Carolina and Ohio.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Arabia.
Communities near Arabia ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Arabia.
- Valentine [Cherry County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Valentine
- Valentine [Cherry County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<6> to the northwest of Arabia
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,745 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Valentine
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Valentine<7>
- Wood Lake [Cherry County]
- Johnstown [Brown County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Johnstown
- Johnstown [Brown County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<6> to the southeast of Arabia
- Population from the 2020 Census: 60 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Johnstown have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Johnstown
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Johnstown<7>
- Sparks [Cherry County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Norden [Keya Paha County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Norden
- Norden [Keya Paha County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<6> to the northeast of Arabia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Norden
- Crookston [Cherry County]
- Kennedy [Cherry County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kennedy
- Kennedy [Cherry County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<6> to the southwest of Arabia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kennedy
- Meadville [Keya Paha County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meadville
- Meadville [Keya Paha County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<6> to the east of Arabia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meadville
- Ainsworth [Brown County]
- Olsonville [Todd County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Olsonville
- Olsonville [Todd County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<6> to the northwest of Arabia
- Estimated population in 2014: 72 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Olsonville
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Arabia. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Arabia.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Arabia. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Arabia.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Arabia. See our Newspapers Page for Arabia.
Adding Arabia to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Arabia in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Arabia was on a map titled Map of Nebraska (from Rand McNally, 1895).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Arabia on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Nebraska
About Cherry County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Cherry County: www.co.cherry.ne.us/
The official website for State of Nebraska: www.nebraska.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Arabia, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Nebraska's counties, including Cherry, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Arabia - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Area code (531) is an overlay for area code (402).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Arabia) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Arabia. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ArabiaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Arabia. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.7309, Longitude: -100.3727 In this case, the coordinates for Arabia have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<8>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|