Welcome to Cedar Canyon ...
Cedar Canyon is located in Meade County<1>.
We aren't confident of the location of Cedar Canyon, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
A typical abbreviation for Cedar Canyon: Cedar Cyn. (or less commonly used: Cedar Canyn. or Cedar Cnyn.)
Cedar Canyon is 2,980 feet [908 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Cedar Canyon is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Cedar Canyon lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Cedar Canyon is within the (605) area code.
Communities Also Named Cedar Canyon ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Cedar Canyon - it's located in Idaho.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Cedar Canyon.
Communities near Cedar Canyon ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cedar Canyon.
- Opal [Meade County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Opal
- Opal [Meade County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Cedar Canyon
- Estimated population in 2014: 30 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Opal
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Opal<5>
- Fairpoint [Meade County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fairpoint
- Fairpoint [Meade County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the south of Cedar Canyon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fairpoint have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairpoint
- Mud Butte [Meade County]
- Zeona [Perkins County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Red Owl [Meade County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Owl
- Red Owl [Meade County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the south of Cedar Canyon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Owl
- Hoover [Butte County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hoover
- Hoover [Butte County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the west of Cedar Canyon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoover
- Enning [Meade County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Enning
- Enning [Meade County] lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<4> to the south of Cedar Canyon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Enning have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Enning
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Enning<5>
- Faith [Meade County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Faith
- Faith [Meade County] lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<4> to the east of Cedar Canyon
- Estimated population in 2019: 411 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Faith have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Faith
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Faith<5>
- Union Center [Meade County]
- Marcus [Meade County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Cedar Canyon. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Cedar Canyon.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Cedar Canyon. See our Newspapers Page for Cedar Canyon.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Cedar Canyon ...
Looking for more information about Cedar Canyon? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Cedar Canyon, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Cedar Canyon.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for South Dakota
About Meade County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Cedar Canyon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Meade County: www.meadecounty.org/
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Dakota's counties, including Meade, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Cedar Canyon - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cedar Canyon) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cedar Canyon. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cedar Canyon
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cedar Canyon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.0229, Longitude: -102.6909 In this case, the coordinates for Cedar Canyon have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|