Census Data for Willington ...
As far as we can tell, Willington has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Willington, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Troy [Greenwood County]
- McCormick [McCormick County]
- Calhoun Falls [Abbeville County]
- Lincolnton [Lincoln County]
- Plum Branch [McCormick County]
- Abbeville [Abbeville County]
- Tignall [Wilkes County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tignall
- Tignall [Wilkes County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Willington
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tignall have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tignall
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Tignall<2>
- Lowndesville [Abbeville County]
- Continue List (434 more) ...
- Parksville [McCormick County]
- Washington [Wilkes County]
- Greenwood [Greenwood County]
- Elberton [Elbert County]
- Due West [Abbeville County]
- Hodges [Greenwood County]
- Iva [Anderson County]
McCormick County ...
Willington is located in McCormick County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for McCormick County.
Miscellaneous Information for Willington ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either McCormick County or the community of Willington:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Willington:
- GNIS ID for Willington: 1230504
- GNIS ID for McCormick County: 1248012
- GNIS ID for State of South Carolina: 1779799
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Willington is located in Census Region #3 (the South Region) and Division #5 (the South Atlantic Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Willington.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within South Carolina
About McCormick County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Willington. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Willington) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Willington. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WillingtonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Willington. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.9721, Longitude: -82.4668 In this case, the coordinates for Willington have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including McCormick, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|