Census Data for Wedgefield (aka 'Wedgewood') ...
As far as we can tell, Wedgefield<1> has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Wedgefield, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Eastover [Richland County]
- Pinewood [Sumter County]
- Sumter [Sumter County]
- Paxville [Clarendon County]
- Mayesville [Sumter County]
- Saint Matthews [Calhoun County]
- Summerton [Clarendon County]
- Manning [Clarendon County]
- Continue List (494 more) ...
- Camden [Kershaw County]
- Elgin [Kershaw County]
- Cameron [Calhoun County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cameron
- Cameron [Calhoun County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Wedgefield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cameron have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cameron
- Elloree [Orangeburg County]
- Arcadia Lakes [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arcadia Lakes
- Arcadia Lakes [Richland County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Wedgefield
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Arcadia Lakes have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arcadia Lakes
- Bishopville [Lee County]
- Forest Acres [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Forest Acres
- Forest Acres [Richland County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the west of Wedgefield
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest Acres
Sumter County ...
Wedgefield is located in Sumter County<5>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Sumter County.
Miscellaneous Information for Wedgefield ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Sumter County or the community of Wedgefield:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Wedgefield:
- GNIS ID for Wedgefield: 1227457
- GNIS ID for Sumter County: 1244717
- GNIS ID for State of South Carolina: 1779799
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Wedgefield is located in Census Region #3 (the South Region) and Division #5 (the South Atlantic Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Wedgefield, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Wedgefield. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Wedgefield:29168<6>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Wedgefield.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for South Carolina
About Sumter County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Wedgefield. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sumter County: www.sumtercountysc.org/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Wedgefield is also known as Wedgewood. For more information, please visit our Genealogy Helper Page for Wedgefield.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Wedgefield) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Wedgefield. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WedgefieldOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Wedgefield. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.8927, Longitude: -80.5181 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Sumter, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Wedgefield or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|