Welcome to Utica ...
Utica is located in Oconee County<1>.
The pronunciation of Utica: YOU-ti-cuh<2>
When the people of Utica refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Utican<3>
Utica is 900 feet [274 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: Utica lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
The telephone area code for Utica: (864)
Communities Also Named Utica ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 28 communities that are also named Utica - they are located in Alaska, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana (2), Nebraska (2), New York, Ohio (2), Oklahoma, Ontario (3), Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, West Virginia and Wisconsin (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Utica.
Communities near Utica ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Utica.
- Clemson [Pickens County]
- Central [Pickens County]
- Walhalla [Oconee County]
- Jarrett [Stephens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jarrett
- Jarrett [Stephens County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the west of Utica
- Estimated population in 2019: 3,974 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jarrett have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jarrett
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Pendleton [Anderson County]
- Pickens [Pickens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pickens
- Pickens [Pickens County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the northeast of Utica
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,185 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pickens
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Pickens<6>
- Liberty [Pickens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Liberty
- Liberty [Pickens County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the northeast of Utica
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,150 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Liberty
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Liberty<6>
- Westminster [Oconee County]
- Lavonia [Franklin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lavonia
- Lavonia [Franklin County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the southwest of Utica
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,187 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lavonia have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lavonia
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lavonia<6>
- Norris [Pickens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Norris
- Norris [Pickens County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the northeast of Utica
- Population from the 2020 Census: 831 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Norris
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Norris<6>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Utica. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Utica.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Utica. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Utica.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Utica. See our Newspapers Page for Utica.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Utica ...
Looking for more information about Utica? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Utica, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Utica.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in South Carolina
About Oconee County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Utica. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Oconee County: www.oconeesc.com/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Oconee, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The pronunciation we've provided is our attempt to give a phonetic pronunciation for Utica. While it might not be exactly right, hopefully it will be close. If we have it wrong or there's a better way to pronounce the name, please contact us through our Feedback Page.|
|<3>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Utica refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Utica may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Utica - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Utica) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Utica. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from UticaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Utica. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.6790, Longitude: -82.9318 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|