Welcome to Red Town ...
So far, we have found very little information about Red Town. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Red Town to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Red Town, please Contact Us.
Red Town would have been located within present day Union County<2>.
The location of Red Town has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Red Town is 430 feet [131 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Red Town was located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
Red Town would have been located in the (864) area code.
Communities near Red Town ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Red Town.
- Clinton [Laurens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clinton
- Clinton [Laurens County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the southwest of Red Town
- Population from the 2020 Census: 8,304 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clinton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Clinton<6>
- Union [Union County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Union
- Union [Union County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the north of Red Town
- Population from the 2020 Census: 7,535 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Union
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Union<6>
- Whitmire [Newberry County]
- Jonesville [Union County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Lockhart [Union County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lockhart
- Lockhart [Union County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the northeast of Red Town
- Population from the 2020 Census: 449 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lockhart
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lockhart<6>
- Carlisle [Union County]
- Sartor Town [Union County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sartor Town
- Sartor Town [Union County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the south of Red Town
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sartor Town have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sartor Town
- Tuckertown [Union County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tuckertown
- Tuckertown [Union County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the southeast of Red Town
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tuckertown
- Bishop Town [Union County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bishop Town
- Bishop Town [Union County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the northwest of Red Town
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bishop Town have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Buffalo [Union County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Red Town. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Red Town.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Red Town. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Red Town.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Red Town. See our Newspapers Page for Red Town.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of South Carolina
About Union County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Union County: www.countyofunion.com/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Red Town, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Union, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Red Town - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Red Town) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Red Town. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Red TownOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Red Town. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.5918, Longitude: -81.5679 In this case, the coordinates for Red Town have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|