Census Data for Nesmith ...
As far as we can tell, Nesmith has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Nesmith, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Stuckey [Williamsburg County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stuckey
- Stuckey [Williamsburg County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the north of Nesmith
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stuckey have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stuckey
- Hemingway [Williamsburg County]
- Johnsonville [Florence County]
- Andrews [Georgetown County]
- Kingstree [Williamsburg County]
- Lake City [Florence County]
- Scranton [Florence County]
- Georgetown [Georgetown County]
- Continue List (417 more) ...
- Lane [Williamsburg County]
- Pamplico [Florence County]
- Coward [Florence County]
- Greeleyville [Williamsburg County]
- Jamestown [Berkeley County]
- Pawleys Island [Georgetown County]
- Aynor [Horry County]
Williamsburg County ...
Nesmith is located in Williamsburg County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Williamsburg County.
Miscellaneous Information for Nesmith ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Williamsburg County or the community of Nesmith:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Nesmith:
- GNIS ID for Nesmith: 1231585
- GNIS ID for Williamsburg County: 1248018
- GNIS ID for State of South Carolina: 1779799
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Nesmith is located in Census Region #3 (the South Region) and Division #5 (the South Atlantic Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Nesmith, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Nesmith. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Nesmith:29580<5>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Nesmith.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in South Carolina
About Williamsburg County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nesmith. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Williamsburg County: www.williamsburgsc.com/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Nesmith) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nesmith. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NesmithOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nesmith. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.6588, Longitude: -79.5139 |
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Williamsburg, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<5>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Nesmith or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|