Around Laurens ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Greenville. It is located about 32 miles [51 km] to the northwest of Laurens. Greenville has a population of 72,200 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Spartanburg.
It is located about 31 miles [ km] to the north of Laurens and has a population of 37,300 people.
For comparison, Laurens has a population of 8,900 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Laurens.<2>
- Clinton [Laurens County]
- Cold Point [Laurens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cold Point
- Cold Point [Laurens County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the south of Laurens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cold Point
- Collins Lakeside Village [Laurens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Collins Lakeside Village
- Collins Lakeside Village [Laurens County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Laurens
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Collins Lakeside Village have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Collins Lakeside Village
- Cross Anchor [Spartanburg County]
- Cross Hill [Laurens County]
- Ekom [Laurens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ekom
- Ekom [Laurens County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Laurens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ekom
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Enoree [Spartanburg County]
- Gray Court [Laurens County]
- Green Pond [Laurens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Green Pond
- Green Pond [Laurens County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Laurens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Green Pond
- Joanna [Laurens County]
- Mountville [Laurens County]
- Renno [Laurens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Renno
- Renno [Laurens County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the east of Laurens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Renno
- Tylersville [Laurens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tylersville
- Tylersville [Laurens County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northeast of Laurens
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tylersville
- Ware Shoals [Abbeville County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ware Shoals
- Ware Shoals [Abbeville County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Laurens
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,152 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ware Shoals
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ware Shoals<3>
- Waterloo [Laurens County]
For more communities neighboring Laurens, please visit our County-by-County Page for Laurens.
Laurens County ...
Laurens is located in Laurens County<5> and is the County Seat.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Laurens County: Abbeville, Anderson, Greenville, Greenwood, Newberry, Spartanburg & Union.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Laurens ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Laurens.
Airports Near Laurens ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Laurens and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Laurens.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Laurens ...
Looking for more information about Laurens? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Laurens. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Laurens, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Laurens.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of South Carolina:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in South Carolina
About Laurens County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Laurens: www.cityoflaurenssc.com/
The official website for Laurens County: www.laurenscountysc.org/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Laurens.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Laurens) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Laurens. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LaurensOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Laurens. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.4988, Longitude: -82.0148 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Laurens, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Laurens), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|