Welcome to Edgemoor ...
Edgemoor is located in Chester County<1>.
Edgemoor is 590 feet [180 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Edgemoor lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
Edgemoor lies within the (803) area code.
The ZIP code for Edgemoor: 29712<3>
Communities Also Named Edgemoor ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 7 communities that are also named Edgemoor - they are located in Delaware, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, Tennessee, Virginia and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Edgemoor.
Communities near Edgemoor ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Edgemoor.
- Rock Hill [York County]
- Fort Mill [York County]
- Waxhaw [Union County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Waxhaw
- Waxhaw [Union County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Edgemoor
- Population from the 2020 Census: 17,987 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Waxhaw
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Waxhaw<5>
- Tega Cay [York County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Lancaster [Lancaster County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lancaster
- Lancaster [Lancaster County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Edgemoor
- Population from the 2020 Census: 9,156 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lancaster
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lancaster<5>
- York [York County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for York
- York [York County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northwest of Edgemoor
- Population from the 2020 Census: 8,637 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on York
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for York<5>
- Marvin [Union County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marvin
- Marvin [Union County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Edgemoor
- Population from the 2020 Census: 6,920 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marvin have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marvin
- Chester [Chester County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chester
- Chester [Chester County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Edgemoor
- Population from the 2020 Census: 5,363 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chester
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chester<5>
- Great Falls [Chester County]
- Van Wyck [Lancaster County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Edgemoor. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Edgemoor.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Edgemoor. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Edgemoor.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Edgemoor. See our Newspapers Page for Edgemoor.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Edgemoor ...
Looking for more information about Edgemoor? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Edgemoor, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Edgemoor.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for South Carolina
About Chester County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Edgemoor. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Chester, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Edgemoor - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Edgemoor). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Edgemoor or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Edgemoor) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Edgemoor. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EdgemoorOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Edgemoor. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.8057, Longitude: -81.0120 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|