Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Chesterfield.
Our newspaper information for Chesterfield is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
The following list contains the names of 3 papers that were published in the immediate area of Chesterfield. In addition, the list contains another 105 papers that were published in the broader area that surrounded Chesterfield. In total, we've identified 108 papers within 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> of Chesterfield.
Newspapers Published In Chesterfield ...
We know of 3 newspapers that have been published in the immediate area of Chesterfield:
- The Chesterfield Advertiser-Journal (from 1978)
- The Chesterfield Advertiser (from 1884)
- The Chesterfield Advertiser (from 1980)
Newspapers Neighboring Chesterfield ...
The following newspapers were published within 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> of Chesterfield.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Chesterfield.
- Published In Morven [Anson County] ...
- The Morven Sentinel (from 191?)
- Published In Cheraw [Chesterfield County] ...
- Cheraw Chronicle (from 1896)
- Cheraw Daily Herald (from 1911)
- Cheraw Gazette And Pee Dee Farmer (from 1838)
- Cheraw Gazette (from 1847)
- Cheraw Gazette (from 1835)
- Cheraw Intelligencer And Southern Register (from 1823)
- Cheraw Republican (from 1830)
- Chesterfield Democrat (from 1868)
- Farmers' Gazette, And Cheraw Advertiser (from 1839)
- Farmers' Gazette (from 1843)
- Pee Dee Gazette And Cheraw Advertiser (from 1833)
- Pee Dee Gazette, And Cheraw Advertiser (from 1820)
- Pee Dee Gazette, And Cheraw Intelligencer (from 1826)
- South-Carolina Spectator (from 1826)
- The Carolina Sun (from 1880)
- The Cheraw Chronicle & The Chesterfield Advertiser (from 2005)
- The Cheraw Reporter (from 1885)
- The Pee Dee Herald (from 1856)
- The Sun And Monitor (from 1883)
- Published In Wadesboro [Anson County] ...
- People's Literary Casket (from 1874)
- The Anson News (from 1934)
- The Anson Record And The Messenger And Intelligencer (from 1979)
- The Anson Record (from 1955)
- The Anson Times (from 1880)
- The Ansonian (from 1906)
- The Dew Drop (from 1852)
- The Messenger And Intelligencer And Ansonian (from 1919)
- The Messenger And Intelligencer (from 1949)
- The Messenger And Intelligencer (from 1888)
- The Pee Dee Herald (from 1871)
- The Pee Dee Star (from 1854)
- The Wadesboro Ansonian (from 191?)
- The Wadesboro Intelligencer (from 1881)
- The Woman's Right (from 1873)
- Wadesboro Courier (from 1895)
- Published In Jefferson [Chesterfield County] ...
- The Jeffersonian (from 1912)
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Published In Pageland [Chesterfield County] ...
- The Pageland Journal (from 1911)
- The Pageland Progressive-Journal (from 1981)
- Published In Polkton [Anson County] ...
- The Ansonian (from 1874)
- The Weekly Ansonian (from 1876)
- Published In McBee [Chesterfield County] ...
- The McBee Courier (from 1912)
- Published In Society Hill [Darlington County] ...
- The Society Hill News (from 1910)
- Published In Marshville [Union County] ...
- The Marshville Home
- The Regional News (from 1970)
- Union News And Home (from 1977)
- Published In Rockingham [Richmond County] ...
- Daily Rocket (from 18??)
- Piedmont Dispatch (from 1915)
- Richmond County Daily Journal (from 1966)
- Richmond County Journal (from 1931)
- Richmond Headlight (from 190?)
- Rockingham Post-Dispatch (from 1917)
- Rockingham Post-Dispatch (from 1917)
- Rockingham Rocket (from 1885)
- Rockingham Rocket (from 189?)
- Selder's Weekly (from 1922)
- Spirit Of The South (from 1873)
- The Anglo-Saxon (from 1899)
- The Bee (from 1879)
- Years of publication: 1879 to 1882
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 11886522
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for The Bee
- Holdings for: LCCN SN85042172
- The Pee Dee Bee (from 187?)
- The Pee Dee Courier (from 1873)
- The Post (from 190?)
- The Richmond Rocket (from 1883)
- The Rocket (from 189?)
- The Rockingham Times (from 192?)
- The Southern Index (from 189?)
- Published In Hamlet [Richmond County] ...
- Central Argus (from 1880)
- Hamlet Messenger (from 190?)
- Richmond County This Week (from 19??)
- The Hamlet Advertiser (from 1936)
- The Hamlet Enterprise
- The Hamlet News Messenger (from 1920)
- The Hamlet News-Messenger (from 1989)
- The Hamlet News (from 1973)
- The News Messenger (from 1951)
- The News Messenger (from 1981)
- The News Of Richmond County This Week (from 1981)
- The News (from 1976)
- Published In Bennettsville [Marlboro County] ...
- Community Observer (from 1978)
- Cyclone Mack's Recusant (from 1929)
- Eastern Carolina News (from 1913)
- Herald-Advocate (from 2014)
- Marlboro County Herald (from 1931)
- Marlboro Herald-Advocate (from 1951)
- Pee Dee Educator (from 1890)
- The Bennettsville Banner (from 1891)
- The Bennettsville Journal (from 1866)
- The Bennettsville Review (from 1894)
- The Carolina Messenger (from 1974)
- The Chronicle (from 1885)
- The Farmer's Friend (from 1880)
- The Fine Print News (from 1982)
- The Marlboro Chronicle (from 1886)
- The Marlboro Democrat (from 1882)
- The Marlboro Democrat (from 1911)
- The Marlboro Monitor (from 1882)
- The Marlboro' Times (from 1871)
- The Pee Dee Advocate (from 1895)
- The Pee Dee Alliance (from 1888)
- The Pee Dee Argus (from 189?)
- The Pee Dee Daily (from 1913)
- Published In Hartsville [Darlington County] ...
- Hartsville Messenger (from 1908)
- The Darlington County Tribune (from 1972)
- The Hartsville Messenger (from 1893)
- The Hartsville News (from 1938)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for South Carolina
About Chesterfield County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
The official website for Chesterfield: www.chesterfield-sc.com/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Chesterfield) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Chesterfield. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ChesterfieldOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Chesterfield. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.7360, Longitude: -80.0884 ||