Census Data for Boiling Spring ...
So far, we have found very little information about Boiling Spring. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Boiling Spring to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Boiling Spring, please Contact Us.
As far as we can tell, Boiling Spring has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Boiling Spring, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Livingston [Orangeburg County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Livingston
- Livingston [Orangeburg County] lies less than 2 miles<2> to the northwest of Boiling Spring
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Livingston have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Livingston
- Neeses [Orangeburg County]
- North [Orangeburg County]
- Norway [Orangeburg County]
- Woodford [Orangeburg County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woodford
- Woodford [Orangeburg County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the north of Boiling Spring
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Woodford have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodford
- Springfield [Orangeburg County]
- Salley [Aiken County]
- Cope [Orangeburg County]
- Continue List (333 more) ...
- Cordova [Orangeburg County]
- Perry [Aiken County]
- Swansea [Lexington County]
- Orangeburg [Orangeburg County]
- Denmark [Bamberg County]
- Blackville [Barnwell County]
- Wagener [Aiken County]
Orangeburg County ...
Boiling Spring is located in Orangeburg County<5>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Orangeburg County.
Miscellaneous Information for Boiling Spring ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Orangeburg County or the community of Boiling Spring:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Boiling Spring:
- GNIS ID for Boiling Spring: 1242523
- GNIS ID for Orangeburg County: 1248014
- GNIS ID for State of South Carolina: 1779799
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Boiling Spring would have been located in Census Region #3 (the South Region) and Division #5 (the South Atlantic Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Boiling Spring.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in South Carolina
About Orangeburg County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Orangeburg County: www.orangeburgcounty.org/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Boiling Spring, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Boiling Spring) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Boiling Spring. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.5438, Longitude: -81.1001 In this case, the coordinates for Boiling Spring have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Orangeburg, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|