Census Data for Bailey Town ...
So far, we have found very little information about Bailey Town. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Bailey Town to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Bailey Town, please Contact Us.
As far as we can tell, Bailey Town has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Bailey Town, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Lockhart [Union County]
- Union [Union County]
- Jonesville [Union County]
- Central Pacolet [Spartanburg County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Central Pacolet
- Central Pacolet [Spartanburg County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Bailey Town
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Central Pacolet have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Central Pacolet
- Pacolet Mills [Spartanburg County]
- Hickory Grove [York County]
- Pacolet [Spartanburg County]
- Carlisle [Union County]
- Continue List (586 more) ...
- Sharon [York County]
- Lowrys [Chester County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lowrys
- Lowrys [Chester County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the east of Bailey Town
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lowrys have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lowrys
- Smyrna [York County]
- McConnells [York County]
- Chester [Chester County]
- Gaffney [Cherokee County]
- Cowpens [Spartanburg County]
Union County ...
Bailey Town is located in Union County<5>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Union County.
Miscellaneous Information for Bailey Town ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Union County or the community of Bailey Town:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Bailey Town:
- GNIS ID for Bailey Town: 1232820
- GNIS ID for Union County: 1248017
- GNIS ID for State of South Carolina: 1779799
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Bailey Town would have been located in Census Region #3 (the South Region) and Division #5 (the South Atlantic Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Bailey Town.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of South Carolina
About Union County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Union County: www.countyofunion.com/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Bailey Town, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bailey Town) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bailey Town. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bailey TownOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bailey Town. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.8062, Longitude: -81.5401 In this case, the coordinates for Bailey Town have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Union, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|