Census Data for Andover ...
So far, we have found very little information about Andover. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Andover to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Andover, please Contact Us.
As far as we can tell, Andover has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Andover, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Campobello [Spartanburg County]
- Inman [Spartanburg County]
- Landrum [Spartanburg County]
- Tryon [Polk County]
- Greer [Greenville County]
- Duncan [Spartanburg County]
- Lyman [Spartanburg County]
- Wellford [Spartanburg County]
- Continue List (1033 more) ...
- Columbus [Polk County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Columbus
- Columbus [Polk County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the north of Andover
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Columbus have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbus
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Columbus<3>
- Saluda [Henderson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saluda
- Saluda [Henderson County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Andover
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saluda have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saluda
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saluda<3>
- Reidville [Spartanburg County]
- Travelers Rest [Greenville County]
- Spartanburg [Spartanburg County]
- Flat Rock [Henderson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flat Rock
- Flat Rock [Henderson County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northwest of Andover
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Flat Rock have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flat Rock
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Flat Rock<3>
- Greenville [Greenville County]
Spartanburg County ...
Andover is located in Spartanburg County<5>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Spartanburg County.
Miscellaneous Information for Andover ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Spartanburg County or the community of Andover:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Andover:
- GNIS ID for Andover: 1248083
- GNIS ID for Spartanburg County: 1248592
- GNIS ID for State of South Carolina: 1779799
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Andover would have been located in Census Region #3 (the South Region) and Division #5 (the South Atlantic Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Andover.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of South Carolina
About Spartanburg County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Spartanburg County: www.co.spartanburg.sc.us/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Andover, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Andover) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Andover. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.0793, Longitude: -82.2057 In this case, the coordinates for Andover have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Spartanburg, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|