Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Scituate.
Our newspaper information for Scituate is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Scituate. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Scituate. Our list contains 378 papers that were published within 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> of Scituate.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Scituate.
Note: The Extended Newspaper Page is very large and will take extra time to load.
Newspapers Neighboring Scituate ...
The following newspapers were published within 12 miles [19.3 km] of Scituate.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Scituate.
- Published In Greenville ...
- The Lincoln-Cumberland Observer (from 1976)
- The Observer (from 1956)
- Published In Chepachet ...
- The Chepachet Weakly (from 1881)
- The Weakly (from 1880)
- Published In Pascoag ...
- The Weekly World (from 1932)
- Published In Phenix [Kent County] ...
- Pawtuxet Valley Gleaner (from 1876)
- The Phenix Weekly Journal (from 1860)
- Village Journal (from 186?)
- Published In Arctic [Kent County] ...
- Pawtuxet Valley Daily Times (from 1892)
- The Weekly Standard (from 189?)
- Published In Cranston ...
- Cranston Herald-News (from 1939)
- Cranston Herald-Today (from 1975)
- Cranston Herald (from 1936)
- Cranston Herald (from 1977)
- Cranston News (from 1922)
- Cranston Today And The Shopping List (from 1972)
- Cranston Today (from 1973)
- Olneyville Herald (from 1928)
- R.I. Woman (from 1985)
- The Cranston Herald (from 1940)
- The Cranston Mirror (from 1961)
- The Herald-News (from 1939)
- Published In Providence ...
- We know of 363 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Providence. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Providence
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> of Scituate. This extended list includes all the papers from Providence. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Scituate.
Note: The Extended Newspaper Page is very large and will take extra time to load
- Published In Slatersville ...
- North Smithfield-Burrillville Observer (from 1977)
- Published In Apponaug [Kent County] ...
- Warwick City Herald (from 1932)
- Published In Ashton ...
- Cumberland Lincoln News Leader (from 1972)
- Cumberland Newsleader (from 1976)
- Lincoln Cumberland Observer News Leader (from 1978)
- Lincoln Newsleader (from 1976)
- The Lincoln-Cumberland Observer (from 1979)
- The News Leader (from 1976)
- The News Leader (from 1976)
- The News Leader (from 1977)
- Published In Central Falls ...
- Central Falls Journal, And Wage-earner's Advocate (from 1900)
- Central Falls Journal (from 1895)
- L'Intransigeant = The Intransigent (from 1929)
- La Justice (from 1906)
- The Weekly Visitor (from 1869)
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Scituate. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Rhode Island: https://www.ri.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Scituate) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Scituate. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ScituateOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Scituate. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.8334, Longitude: -71.6328 In this case, the coordinates for Scituate have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|