Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Middletown.
Our newspaper information for Middletown is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Middletown. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Middletown. Our list contains 94 papers that were published within 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> of Middletown.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Middletown.
Newspapers Neighboring Middletown ...
The following newspapers were published within 14 miles [22.5 km] of Middletown.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Middletown.
- Published In Newport [Newport County] ...
- We know of 57 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Newport. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Newport
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> of Middletown. This extended list includes all the papers from Newport. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Middletown
- Published In Homestead [Newport County] ...
- The Prudence Island Beacon (from 1926)
- Published In Wickford [Washington County] ...
- The Rhode Island Telephone & Genealogical And Historical Repository (from 1883)
- The Standard (from 1890)
- The Wickford Standard (from 1914)
- Washington County Advocate (from 183?)
- Wickford Standard (from 1888)
- Published In Kingston [Washington County] ...
- Rhode-Island Advocate (from 1831)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Published In Wakefield [Washington County] ...
- Narragansett Times And Washington County Advertiser (from 1864)
- Narragansett Times (from 1855)
- Narragansett Times (from 1859)
- Narragansett Times (from 1889)
- South County Journal (from 1858)
- The Wakefield Advertiser (from 1851)
- Published In Warren [Bristol County] ...
- Bristol County Register (from 1809)
- Bristol County Register (from 1809)
- Herald Of The United States (from 1792)
- Northern Star, And Warren And Bristol Gazette (from 1826)
- Rhode Island Telegraph (from 1855)
- The Bristol County Item (from 1906)
- The Clarion, Or, Bristol County Advertiser (from 1823)
- The Columbian Post-boy (from 1812)
- The Morning Star (from 18??)
- The Northern Star, And Constitutionalist (from 1834)
- The Northern Star, And Farmers' And Mechanics' Advocate (from 1830)
- The Northern Star, And Farmers' And Mechanics' Advocate (from 1837)
- The Northern Star (from 1849)
- The Telegraph (from 1825)
- The Telescope (from 1813)
- The Warren Gazette And Barrington Call (from 1907)
- The Warren Gazette (from 1866)
- Times-Gazette (from 1963)
- Times-Gazette (from 1988)
- Warren And Barrington Gazette (from 1907)
- Warren Telegraph (from 1857)
- Warren Times-Gazette (from 1975)
- Warren Times (from 1961)
- Published In West Kingston [Washington County] ...
- South County Chronicle (from 1893)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Rhode Island
About Newport County
About Rhode Island
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Middletown. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Rhode Island: https://www.ri.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Middletown) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Middletown. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MiddletownOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Middletown. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.5168, Longitude: -71.2662 In this case, the coordinates for Middletown have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|