Around Saumon ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Sept Iles. It is located about 22 miles [35 km] to the southwest of Saumon.
The next largest community is Uashat.
It is located about 23 miles [ km] to the southwest of Saumon
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Saumon.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ferland
- Ferland lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Saumon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ferland
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maliotenam
- Maliotenam lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the south of Saumon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maliotenam
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moisie
- Moisie lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the south of Saumon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moisie
- Riviere Pigou
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riviere Pigou
- Riviere Pigou lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Saumon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Riviere Pigou came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riviere Pigou
- Sept Iles
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sept Iles
- Sept Iles lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Saumon
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sept Iles
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Uashat
- Uashat lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southwest of Saumon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Uashat came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Uashat
Curious and Interesting Names Near Saumon ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Saumon.
Airports Near Saumon ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<4> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Saumon and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Saumon.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Quebec:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Saumon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Saumon were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Saumon) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saumon. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SaumonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saumon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.4944, Longitude: -66.0962 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Saumon), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|