Communities Also Named Saint Zacharie ...
We have found one communities that share the name Saint Zacharie.
There is one other community in Quebec which is also named Saint Zacharie.
- Communities Located In Quebec ...
- The profile page for Saint Zacharie #1
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Quebec community of Saint Zacharie.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Saint Zacharie ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frampton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frampton
- Frampton lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<3> to the northwest of Saint Zacharie
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frampton
- Jackman [Somerset County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jackman have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jackman
- Jackman [Somerset County] lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<3> to the south of Saint Zacharie
- Estimated population in 2019: 815 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jackman
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Jackman<5>
- Moose River [Somerset County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Moose River have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moose River
- Moose River [Somerset County] lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<3> to the south of Saint Zacharie
- Estimated population in 2019: 206 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moose River
How Far From Saint Zacharie to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Saint Zacharie to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Saint Zacharie and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 261 miles [420 km]<3> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Saint Zacharie to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 15 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,331 miles [8,579.4 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,053 miles [9,741.4 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,929 miles [6,323.1 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Saint Zacharie. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Saint Zacharie could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Saint Zacharie) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saint Zacharie. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saint Zacharie
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Zacharie. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.1333, Longitude: -70.3667
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Saint Zacharie to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 302.905 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 299.024 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 298.188 degrees.||