Curious and Interesting Names Near Saint Vital de Clermont ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Saint Vital de Clermont, Mace (ON) is located 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the West
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Saint Vital de Clermont. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- William Lyon Mackenzie King (11th, 13th & 15th Prime Minister of Canada (December 1921 - June 1926 & September 1926 - August 1930))
- 11th, 13th & 15th Prime Minister of Canada (December 1921 - June 1926 & September 1926 - August 1930). He was born in Kitchener (Ontario) on Thursday December 17, 1874 and died in Chelsea (Quebec) on Saturday July 22, 1950 at the age of 75. He is buried at Mt. Pleasant Cemetery (Ontario).
- Chelsea is located 10 miles [16.1 km] to the east of Saint Vital de Clermont.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: William Lyon Mackenzie King<2>
- Elmer 'Moose' Vasko (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Duparquet (Quebec) on Wednesday December 11, 1935 and died in Maywood (Illinois) on Saturday October 31, 1998 at the age of 62. He is buried at Queen of Heaven Catholic Cemetery (Cook County, Illinois).
- Duparquet is located 29 miles [46.7 km] to the south of Saint Vital de Clermont.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Elmer 'Moose' Vasko<2>
How Far From Saint Vital de Clermont to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Saint Vital de Clermont to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Saint Vital de Clermont and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 294 miles [473.1 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Saint Vital de Clermont to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 17 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 12 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,557 miles [8,943.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,301 miles [10,140.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 4,194 miles [6,749.6 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Quebec Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Saint Vital de Clermont) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saint Vital de Clermont. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saint Vital de Clermont
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Vital de Clermont. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.9264, Longitude: -79.2703
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Saint Vital de Clermont to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 308.343 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 305.548 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 301.488 degrees.||