Curious and Interesting Names Near Saint Ubalde ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dieppe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dieppe
- Dieppe lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Saint Ubalde
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dieppe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Parisville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parisville
- Parisville lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southeast of Saint Ubalde
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parisville
- Red Mill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Red Mill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Mill
- Red Mill lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Saint Ubalde
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Mill
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Saint Ubalde. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- John Chretien (25th Prime Minister of Canada (November 1993 - December 2003))
- 25th Prime Minister of Canada (November 1993 - December 2003). He was born in Shawinigan (Quebec) on Thursday January 11, 1934
- Shawinigan is located 26 miles [41.8 km] to the southwest of Saint Ubalde.
- Louis Charles 'Charlie' Langlois (Professional hockey)
- Professional hockey. He was born in Lotbiniere (Quebec) on Saturday August 25, 1894 and died in Sudbury (Ontario) on Tueday August 31, 1965 at the age of 71. He is buried at LaSalle RC Cemetery (Sudbury District, Ontario).
- Lotbiniere is located 17 miles [27.4 km] to the southeast of Saint Ubalde.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Louis Charles 'Charlie' Langlois<3>
How Far From Saint Ubalde to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Saint Ubalde to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Saint Ubalde and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 188 miles [302.6 km]<2> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Saint Ubalde to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 11 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,383 miles [8,663.1 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,110 miles [9,833.1 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,988 miles [6,418.1 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Saint Ubalde. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Saint Ubalde) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saint Ubalde. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saint Ubalde
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Ubalde. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.7500, Longitude: -72.2500
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Saint Ubalde to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 303.999 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 300.349 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 298.808 degrees.||