Curious and Interesting Names Near Saint Ubald ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dieppe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dieppe
- Dieppe lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Saint Ubald
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dieppe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Parisville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parisville
- Parisville lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southeast of Saint Ubald
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parisville
- Red Mill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Red Mill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Mill
- Red Mill lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the south of Saint Ubald
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Mill
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Saint Ubald. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- John Chretien (25th Prime Minister of Canada (November 1993 - December 2003))
- 25th Prime Minister of Canada (November 1993 - December 2003). He was born in Shawinigan (Quebec) on Thursday January 11, 1934
- Shawinigan is located 25 miles [40.2 km] to the southwest of Saint Ubald.
- Louis Charles 'Charlie' Langlois (Professional hockey)
How Far From Saint Ubald to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Saint Ubald to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Saint Ubald and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 188 miles [302.6 km]<2> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Saint Ubald to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 11 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,383 miles [8,663.1 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,111 miles [9,834.7 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,988 miles [6,418.1 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Saint Ubald) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Ubald. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.7575, Longitude: -72.2722
|<3>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Saint Ubald to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 304.012 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 300.365 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 298.816 degrees.||