Curious and Interesting Names Near Saint Tite des Caps ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Arthurville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arthurville
- Arthurville lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the south of Saint Tite des Caps
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arthurville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mauriceville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mauriceville
- Mauriceville lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Saint Tite des Caps
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mauriceville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tourville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tourville
- Tourville lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the east of Saint Tite des Caps
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tourville
How Far From Saint Tite des Caps to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Saint Tite des Caps to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Saint Tite des Caps and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 263 miles [423.3 km]<2> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Saint Tite des Caps to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 15 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,310 miles [8,545.6 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,036 miles [9,714 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,913 miles [6,297.4 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Saint Tite des Caps. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Saint Tite des Caps) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saint Tite des Caps. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saint Tite des Caps
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Tite des Caps. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.1333, Longitude: -70.7667
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Saint Tite des Caps to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 302.968 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 299.272 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 297.816 degrees.||