Curious and Interesting Names Near Saint Tharcisius ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Grosses Roches
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Grosses Roches came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grosses Roches
- Grosses Roches lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the north of Saint Tharcisius
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grosses Roches
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Price came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Price
- Price lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the west of Saint Tharcisius
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Price
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saucier came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saucier
- Saucier lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the west of Saint Tharcisius
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saucier
How Far From Saint Tharcisius to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Saint Tharcisius to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Saint Tharcisius and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 449 miles [722.6 km]<2> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Saint Tharcisius to Parliament Hill, with an average speed<3>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take most of a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 26 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 18 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 5,122 miles [8,243.1 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 5,849 miles [9,413.1 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 3,727 miles [5,998 km] and it lies to the east northeast (ENE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Quebec
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Saint Tharcisius. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Quebec: https://www.quebec.ca/
|<1>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Saint Tharcisius) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Saint Tharcisius. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Saint Tharcisius
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Saint Tharcisius. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.5443, Longitude: -67.3078
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Saint Tharcisius to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 300.409 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 296.696 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 295.094 degrees.||